We would like to expressly point out that Melano jewelry is not suitable for children younger than 4 years old. The (parts of) Melano jewelry are too small for this and can lead to a choking hazard. Melano jewelry is not a toy. We therefore recommend that you keep the jewelry away from children who do not meet this age limit at all times.
Instructions for use
In order to enjoy your Melano items as long as possible, we ask that you observe the following instructions for use:
- Only polish the jewelry with a clean soft polishing cloth and lukewarm water;
- For jewelry with a screw thread, tighten the stone daily and check whether the rubber ring is still around the screw thread. Loose rubbers are available at all our points of sale;
- Avoid contact with chemicals such as hairspray, perfume, body lotion, soap, cleaning agents, shower gel or products containing chlorine. So do not wear the jewelry while swimming, brushing, showering or in similar situations;
- Avoid contact with (hard) surfaces to prevent scratches and dents.
From the moment of purchase, Melano offers a 24-month warranty on its jewelry for manufacturing defects, insofar as mandatory law does not oppose this, and 6 months on the plating of its jewelry, unless there is improper use*.
The following conditions fall within the 24-month warranty:
- Breakage of the jewelry due to a manufacturing defect, with the exception of breakage of zirconia and/or gemstones;
- A broken clasp of a bracelet or necklace;
- Poor fit or loss of setting due to poor threads;
- The loss of a stone from the setting due to a manufacturing defect.
Within the warranty of 6 months is the circumstance:
- Deterioration and/or discoloration of the plating, if the instructions for use have been observed and there is no question of improper use*.
*Improper use is the case, for example, if the instructions for use have not been observed.
No warranty is provided when:
- There is no proof of purchase;
- Jewelry showing signs of abnormal wear (including dents or (severe) deformation);
- Jewelry has been repaired and/or processed by someone other than a Melano employee;
- Jewelry is lost or stolen;
- Discoloration is caused by high acidity of the skin.
What should I do if I have a warranty case?
Keep your proof of purchase safe! You must show the proof of purchase if you want to make a claim under the warranty. The date of purchase is stated on the proof of purchase.
Did you buy the item in our webshop? Please send a photo of the product and proof of purchase to email@example.com.
Did you buy the item at one of our sales points? Then take the product and the proof of purchase to the point of sale.
Is the problem covered by our warranty conditions? Then we will (as far as possible) replace, repair or gild the product.
It can always happen that something does not go quite as planned. We recommend that you first make complaints known to us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or (on working days from 09:00 to 17:00) by calling +31 (0)85 744 17 17. You will receive the instructions for handling the complaint from us and, if the complaint proves to be justified, we will ensure a quick and correct solution. If this does not lead to a solution, it is possible to register your dispute for mediation via Stichting WebwinkelKeur via https://www.webwinkelkeur.nl/kennisbank/consumenten/geschil. From 15 February 2016, it is also possible for consumers in the EU to register complaints via the ODR platform of the European Commission. This ODR platform can be found at http://ec.europa.eu/odr. If your complaint is not yet being handled elsewhere, you are free to file your complaint via the European Union platform.